Saturday, October 8, 2011

ARE FATHER'S BEING FORGOTTEN AFTER A DIVORCE?


Well.... the simply answer is YES.
Any time I have ever thought about divorce, I immediately think about the poor Mother.
That is often the case but it's important to remember that their is always two sides to the coin and men are often the ones we forget.
We just expect them to cope, not to care as much and not to be as effected.
But If I put myself in the shoes of someone who's marriage has just broken down and I wouldn't get to share each day with my kids. I would be devastated.

I learnt from speaking today with Randal John Newton the General Manager with Men's Line Australia that men often suffer in silence and don't know how to reach out for help.
Men's line offers this, it is non confrontational and offers really practical support and advice for men.
I also learn't about the signs to watch out for, Men who with draw from friends and family after a divorce or use drugs and alcohol to cope or even throw themselves into their work aren't often doing so well.

I hope you enjoy my interview with Randal and I hope if you know anyone who needs support you can point them in the right direction.
Fathers play such a vital role in our children's lives, it's really not fair on them to miss out on sharing the best of their fathers.
So stop focusing on the small things that really don't mean much and put your kids happiness first.
Their is enough love to go around.